Officials Clinic - Sept 26th
**SAVE THE DATE**
Whitehorse Minor Hockey Association has scheduled an in person New Officials Clinic for Sunday September 26th. 8:30AM-4:30PM with a 1 hr on ice component. Off Ice component is at Mount McIntyre (1 Sumanik Drive, Whitehorse), on ice will be at the Canada Games Centre.
When link is available for registration we will post it here.
Hockey University (Officiating 1/2)
- The online course (modules) for NEW officials is NOW available for registration on the new Hockey Canada Registry Website.
- All NEW officials will be required to complete this course before being eligible to register for a new officials’ certification clinic.
- Registration for Hockey University can be found HERE or by visiting:
- the BC Hockey Clinics page
- By visiting the BC Hockey Officiating ‘Getting Started Page’
NEW Officials Clinics:
- WMHA has schedule an inperson New Officials Clinic for Sunday September 26th. 8:30AM-4:30PM with a 1 hr on ice component. When link is available for registration we will post it here.
- All officials with previous Hockey Canada Officiating experience are considered ‘Returning officials’ and are eligible to participate in a re-certification clinic.
- ALL re-certification clinics for returning officials will be delivered virtually for the 2021-2022 season.
- Clinic registrations will be open in the coming week and delivery will begin as early as September 4 until December, 2021.
- Once posted, clinics will be available HERE for registration.
- All officials that were registered during the 2020-2021 season have received a credit of $74.00 on their Hockey Canada Participant account, to apply towards their registration for the 2021-2022 season at the point of checkout.
You may see a credit in your account when you log in, please register and use the credit and WMHA will deduct that from your reimbursement at the end of the season.
- ALL officials that were registered during the 2020-2021 season are currently eligible to officiate games. They WILL be required to attend a clinic this season but do not have to do so before going on the ice.
- Any officials that were NOT registered during the 2020-2021 season but have previous Hockey Canada Officiating experience, will be eligible to attend the online re-certification clinics but they WILL be required to pay the standard registration rates and applicable participant assessment fee (if necessary).
- In early August information was circulated identifying all the officials that require a NEW Criminal Record Check (CRC). (18 and over) As a reminder, these CRCs are required prior to registration for a clinic. The process to complete these is outlined HERE